The Fortified Church Leliceni
The church is located in the northeastern part of the village. It was built in the Gothic style in the 15th century, present only in three sanctuaries today.
The church took its present form after a restoration in 1806, when its style was changed to Baroque, the nave was lengthened and a new ceiling was cast. Also, the tower of the church was built.
A valuable artifact is its winged altar, made in 1510. In 1914 it reached the National Museum of Hungary, and now it can be seen in the permanent exhibition of the National Gallery of Hungary.
The bells of the historic monument church were cast in the first half of the 16th century to honor the Holy Spirit, the smaller one being hallowed in the honor of St. Anthony of Padua.
Next to the church, there is a special attraction - the oldest tree of the Ciuc areay, known in the area as the Leliceni linden tree. The 500-year-old tree has earned the first place in the European Tree of the Year contest in 2010.
Text and photo source: http://virtualisszekelyfold.ro